OVERVIEW OF ADVERB AGAINST
1. In a direction or course opposite to: row against the current.
2. So as to come into forcible contact with: waves dashing against the shore.
3. In contact with so as to rest or press on: leaned against the tree.
4. In hostile opposition or resistance to: struggle against fate.
5. Contrary to; opposed to: against my better judgment.
6. In competition with: race against the record holder.
7. In contrast or comparison with the setting or background of: dark colors against a fair skin.
8. In preparation for; in anticipation of: food stored against winter.
9. As a defense or safeguard from: protection against the cold.
10. To the account or debt of: drew a check against my bank balance.
11. Directly opposite to; facing.
|Look up against in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Against may refer to:
- Against (album), a 1998 album by Brazilian metal band Sepultura
- Against (song), the title track song from the Sepultura album
- Against (American band), an American thrash band
- Against (Australian band), an Australian hardcore punk band
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Against.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.