CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON ABOVE TO HEAR THIS PAGE READ IN ENGLISH.
CLICK ANY PICTURE IN THIS DICTIONARY TO ENLARGE IT.
3) research, search, explore: inquire into; “the students had to research the history of the Second World War for their history project”; “He searched for information on his relatives on the web”; “Scientists are exploring the nature of consciousness”
|Look up search or searching in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Searching or search may refer to:
- Search engine technology, software for finding information
- Search algorithm
- Search and rescue
- Search and seizure, a police procedure
- Searching (horse) (1952–1973), racehorse
- Searching, using a computer to find an item with specified properties (e.g. specified text) among a collection of items using a search algorithm
- Search theory, an economic model applied to the study of unemployment, among other applications
- Bayesian search theory, looking for a target
- Search Games, looking for an evading target
- Gay Search, British television presenter and gardening writer