CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON ABOVE TO HEAR THIS PAGE READ IN ENGLISH.
CLICK ANY PICTURE IN THIS DICTIONARY TO ENLARGE IT.
1) share: any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate; “he bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price”
|Look up share in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Share may refer to:
- To share a resource (such as food or money) is to make joint use of it; see Sharing.
- Share, Kwara, a town and LGA in Kwara State, Nigeria.
- Share (finance), a stock or other security such as a mutual fund
- Share (newspaper), a newspaper in Toronto, Canada
- Share (film), an upcoming short drama film
- Southern Hemisphere Auroral Radar Experiment, tracking space weather from Antarctica
- Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe, a health and social study in Europe
- Percentage of television sets in use tuned to a program, according to the Nielsen Ratings
- Plowshare, the cutting blade of a plow (plough)
- Network share, a file storage area that is available over a computer network
- share (command), a shell command
- SHARE (computing), a user group for IBM mainframe computers
- SHARE Operating System, the first operating system, by the SHARE user group
- Share (P2P), a Japanese P2P computer program, the successor to Winny
- Share (software), a service of Acrobat.com used for sending files
- File sharing
- SHARE Community Appeal, a community service charity in Australia.
- Share Foundation, a medical charity in Newfoundland
- Share International, a religious movement founded by British painter Benjamin Creme
- SHARE cancer support, a New York City organization supporting women with cancer
- SHARE Foundation (El Salvador), an El Salvador justice organization
- SHARE in Africa, an American charity organization
- Skeptics and Humanist Aid and Relief Effort: a charity arm of the Center for Inquiry
- Students Harness Aid for the Relief of the Elderly, a charity in Cork, Ireland