CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON ABOVE TO HEAR THIS PAGE READ IN ENGLISH.
CLICK ANY PICTURE IN THIS DICTIONARY TO ENLARGE IT.
OVERVIEW OF ADJECTIVE SOME
1) some: quantifier; used with either mass nouns or plural count nouns to indicate an unspecified number or quantity; “have some milk”; “some roses were still blooming”; “having some friends over”; “some apples”; “some paper”
OVERVIEW OF ADVERB SOME
1) approximately, about, close to, just about, some, roughly, more or less, around, or so: (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct; “lasted approximately an hour”; “in just about a minute”; “he’s about 30 years old”; “I’ve had about all I can stand”; “we meet about once a month”; “some forty people came”; “weighs around a hundred pounds”; “roughly $3,000″; “holds 3 gallons, more or less”; “20 or so people were at the party”
|Look up some in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Some may refer to:
- some, an English word used as a determiner and pronoun; see use of some
- The term associated with the existential quantifier
- "Some", a song by Built to Spill from their 1994 album There's Nothing Wrong with Love
- Some Records, a United States record label
- So Others Might Eat (SOME), a Washington, D.C.-based non-profit organization
- SoMe, short for Social media
- Some (film)
- Some (song), a duet by Junggigo and Soyou
- -some (from soma, meaning "body"), a suffix applied to cellular organelles, large protein complexes or other bodies such as acidocalcisome, acrosome, aggresome, autophagosome, autosome, centrosome, chitosome, chlorosome, chromosome, cyanosome, cyclosome, degradosome, desmosome, dictyosome, endosome, exosome, fusome, glycosome, glyoxysome, hemidesmosome, hydrogenosome, karyosome, keratinosome, lysosome, mannosome, melanosome, mesosome, microsome, nucleosome, oleosome, parenthosome, peroxisome, phagolysosome, phagosome, phragmosome, phycobilisome, polarisome, polyribosome/polysome, preribosome, primosome, processosome, proteasome/proteosome, purinosome,repairosome, ribosome, signalosome, spectrosome, spherosome, spliceosome, synaptosome, transcriptosome.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Some.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.