To be without a friend is to be poor indeed.
A roaring lion kills no game.
In all the world, things are two and two.
With wealth one wins a woman.
A horse has four legs, yet it often falls.
Copying everybody else all the time, the monkey one day cut his throat.
Even an ant may harm an elephant.
The rich are always complaining.
The most beautiful fig may contain a worm.
The horse who arrives early gets good drinking water.
Do not call to a dog with a whip in your hand.
A termite can do nothing to a stone save lick it.
* SIERRA LEONE
The elephant's head is no load for a child.
* JOHN 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting
* Education is an ornament in prosperity, and a refuge in adversity.
* From contemplation on may become wise, but knowledge comes only from
study. - A. Edward Newton
* It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well.
* Many complain of their looks, but none of their brains. - Yiddish Proverb
* A good mind possesses a kingdom. - Seneca
* The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. - Aristotle
* Ye can lade a man up to the university, but you can't make him think.
* No profit grows where is no pleasure taken: In brief, sir, study what
you most affect. - William Shakespeare
* There are no national frontiers to learning. - Japanese proverb
* Knowledge advances by steps, and not by leaps. - Lord Macaulay
* I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me. - Winnie the Pooh